Monday, September 21, 2009

Kid-isms...Things heard in the mama-mobile...

Madeline and Andrew are on week 3 of preschool. I am already seeing/hearing improvement in Andrews speech.. Or that fact that he is actually talking loud enough for me to hear and comprehend. I love that he is speaking up to argue with Maddie about what is happening in class.. or what might happen, or what was said... He cracks me up.

"We painted in class, becaws, we were reading the chick chicka story, becaws the letters climbed the coconut tree. Know why mama? becaws they had to get to the top, becaws they was having to be at the top......" Becaws is the new word around here. Hardly ever used properly it still brings me a chuckle to hear him try to express a complex thought.

I informed them we actually have a children's story collection with a copy of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom in it. I said I could find it and we could have Ben read it to us later. Andrew refused. "Becaws if it is the same as Miss.Katera(teacher) book then we already read it, becaws we heard it and it is not the different one."


Both kids are fighting a head cold and are stuffy and congested. I sent them to school because they are not dying and I paid for that time already! I picked them up and could tell Andrew was pretty sluggish so I informed them right away we had to go buy dog food and grab lunch then we would go home and have quiet time on the couches in our special blankets watching a movie. They liked this idea, I figured it would go over much better then saying they had to lie down and rest....
Of course they requested McDonald's Nuggets. I gave in and treated them. After nearly finishing her food Maddie calls to me and questions " Mama, are these the same chicken nuggets that the other McDonald's uses?" I told her that they were and since she had a stuffy head that might be why they taste funny today. I glanced up and saw her little face all twisted up in perplexed look in my rear view mirror.. she then shook her head and said" Nah.. I think they are different because I tasted the fries and they taste the same as the other fries.. They have different nuggets..." Okay then...

No comments: