Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I really need to clean the oven..

I need to see if they still sell oven cleaner spray.. That is on my too do list for today( Tuesday).  I figured that is not going to be done until later so I need to come up with a meal that is stove-top or crock-pot friendly...We just had roast...We just had grilled chicken... not wanting pasta... I looked in the freezer and then on the counter.. Decided!
Tonight is chicken pot pie filling.. like Racheal Ray calls a Stoup.. thicker then a soup, thinner then stew... I grabbed my stock pot and started to toss items in..

2 blocks of turkey broth.. from Thanksgiving bird... ( I believe these are the final ones...I think I froze 9 containers!)
1 freezer bag of cooked chunked chicken... I have no idea when I froze that..
1/3 bag of frozen mixed veggies
1/2 bag frozen corn
1/4 bag frozen peas..
That will take forever to thaw so I will just leave on stove top until I am ready..

I will dice up a few small potatoes to add to that.
My base flavor is a can of Campbells Cream of Chicken and herb soup.. I prefer to not use Cream soups( MSG, Sodium, chemical stuff) but this is a great flavor.. I will sprinkle in black pepper and some more poultry seasoning and let it bubble.. To add to the creaminess I will either add some heavy cream or half and half at the end.. Depends which is open in the fridge!

This will be served with more of that leftover Sunday bread and butter.

I am now able to see the back of the freezer!
Time to start working on the stove...

No comments: