Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It is never good to start the year off with regret.....

WHY WHY WHY???  A few weeks ago at BJ's Wholesale club I was tempted and taunted and succumbed... The product was marked down and seemed like a no duh... Meyer Lemon Cupcake and frosting mix.. for $1.99.. I am so easily swayed... It had words in the title like *gourmet kitchen* and *ALL NATURAL*... and like a sucker I fell for it...I should have opened the packaging first.. But Oh NO.. I had already tossed the eggs and butter into the mixer bowl so I had to suck it up and make it.. Instant concern.. the initial batter taste was... chemically.. fake...I did not waste my time on cupcakes though.. just tossed it into a square pan.  I figured if I was already knee deep in this muck I might as well finish it off and tossed the butter and *frosting* mix into the bowl. So I followed the directions and knew that I had to fix it.. Just as I was getting ready to add more butter and XXX sugar I remembered the dish of cream cheese frosting in the fridge.. I whipped that in and tossed it into a bowl to let the flavors meld......I will check on it before I go to frost the cake.. I can always add a few scrapes of fresh zest and a squeeze of juice to try to salvage it...

Lesson learned.. Stick with homemade!

No comments: